Saturday, November 15, 2014

Repunzel, Let Down Your Hair!

 I've been getting tons of views per day on my post on how to care for YOUR hair, plus a few e-mails asking for more tips and one girl asked "you really aren't wearing extensions?" The answer, my dear, is no I'm not. This is au natural! I'm not above extensions, the clips ins are fun for a night on the town, but the sewn in weaves and the ones where they bond separate pieces of hair to your roots are harmful to your hair and will damage it...leaving you with less hair, when taken out, then you started with. The questions I've been getting are how do I grow my hair so long...most girls say their hair grows to a certain length, then stops. I'm not sure if your hair KNOWS how long it is...do the ends talk to the roots and one day say "ok it's time to stop producing more hair!". Nope. I reckon girls that think that probably just get frustrated at some point and eventually chop it. The key to long luxurious hair is one word: consistency. I take my Hair, Skin and Nails multi vitamin every night (the magic ingredient in those for hair growth is biotin, so find one with the most mg of biotin and you are set). I've also mentioned I have not used sulfates on my hair in years, I prefer Wen, a cleansing conditioner, but their are others out there as well as sulfate free shampoos that you can choose from. Something else I do is brush Moroccan oil or coconut oil into my hair at bedtime, which means I wash my pillows more frequently, but it keeps the ends strong and split end free. Also, I don't ever sleep with my hair in a bun or ponytail because that causes breakage where the rubber band meets the hair. I may braid my hair, then loosely fasten it with a soft ribbon hair tie because that's less stress on your hair. Castor oil, as I've also mentioned before for oil cleansing face washes, is known to increase hair growth. I put that on my eyebrows and eyelashes every night and once or twice a week, I'll rub some into my scalp at bedtime then wash it out in the morning. Don't be scared this will make your hair look greasy, oils don't cause build up like conditioners do. The most expensive thing I own for my hair is my hair brush. I use a Mason Pearson brush, which costs a whopping $200 but it's lasted me for years. Why is it so important thus expensive? It uses all natural bore bristles for one, which are thin and don't pull on hair too much to detangle. Secondly, it's rubbery base that holds the bristles is cushiony, which is meant to message your scalp AND spreads natural sebum produced by your scalp all the way down the shaft of your hair, which strengthens it. Sold? Thought so. 
{Selfie!}

No comments:

Post a Comment