Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Love is in the Hair!


Many friends of mine ask me how I can grow my hair so long. They say their hair only grows to a certain point than stops. In my opinion, that problem can be solved by two things. First, using sulfate free shampoo ( I prefer Wen ) makes your hair stronger thus letting your hair grow longer because the ends aren't breaking off. Also, adding coconut oil or Moroccan oil when it's wet or when you are done styling helps prevent breakage. The second trick I use is vitamins! I have seen that Kim Kardashian has been promoting a specific brand of hair vitamin (check out her instagram) but I use a traditional one that you can get at any health food store called Skin, Hair and Nails. It's a multi vitamin and the magic ingredient that makes your hair grow is Biotin. The key is consistency! I remember to take my vitamins every night and I truly see a difference in how fast my nails and hair grows as opposed to the months when I've been forgetful about taking them. I've tried it all, the hair extensions, the Brazilian blowouts....but I've ultimately learned that less is more when it comes to hair. Wen is a tad pricey, but it's technically a two in one since it's a cleansing conditioner. And when I have nothing to do and nowhere to be, I'll put coconut oil on my ends, put it in a bun and let it soak in overnight! For people wondering how I style my hair in my "Hollywood curl" look, I use a curling wand (a curling iron without the clamp) then I brush it out. No need for hairspray if you have thick hair, and if you have thin hair I recommend L'oreal Elnett because it smells great, it's light hold and it's French!
Hope this helps all y'all who are wanting fab hair!
xo, L
{ Here's a pic of me + my hair from a Love Bullet photo shoot! }

No comments:

Post a Comment