Wednesday, November 5, 2014

No Yoga, No Peace. Know Yoga, Know Peace!


I started doing yoga in college and ever since then it's been a constant savior in my life. I love hot yoga, so I go to Sumit yoga where the instructors are incredible and kind plus they play music so when I feel like I can't take it anymore, the music is a huge motivator. Every day I do yoga is different. Some days, it's a breeze. Then my next class feels like torture! One particular time, I was having a rough class, it was just harder for me than usual, so my mind kept obsessing over leaving early. Just at that moment, the instructor said "If you feel like leaving early, you probably need it the most". WTF? I had no idea yoga instructors could read minds, but apparently they can! What yoga is for me is a time of reflection. Literal reflection, as you lock eyes with yourself in the mirror, and also inner reflection when I try to leave my worries behind and just focus on breathing. It helps me sleep, calms my nervous energy and gives me a great sense of accomplishment. I've recently started Transcendental Meditation and I feel that wouldn't have been possible for me if I didn't have years of yoga practice under my belt. It's trained my brain to have the discipline to make it through 90 minutes without fidgeting and the shavasana relaxation with no thoughts is much like my state of being when I'm meditating. If you've never tried yoga, I urge you to go and I dare you not to get hooked! Here are some photos of me doing yoga in Sedona, AZ. 
The little blondie is my sister who just got recognized as the Sumit Yogi of the Month #proudsister :) Namaste!
 { The Light within me honors the Light within you }
 { above, dancer's pose or bow pulling pose. below, flipped downward dog }
 { My little sister! She gets up and makes it to the 5:30am class before school. So proud of her! }
 { All yogi wear is LuluLemon }

No comments:

Post a Comment